NKG anniversary kite train - WORKSHOP

General discussion area

Re: NKG anniversary kite train - WORKSHOP

Postby k-n-l » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:57 am

They look great Dazzz Food for thought there I think.
I also agree with Dave a banner you made yourself and flown by you seems more interesting and relevant, it could also be altered and added to as you felt more capable or became more inspired!
K'n'L
k-n-l
Novice Aviator

Postby Bernard H » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:00 pm

Hi there all,

Dazz what a picture the banners do look great.

Thirty five on one pole may be a challenge but why not.

The number of posts about an NKG kite or train seem to favour a banner insteaed of kite.

A workshop could be arranged for all those interested, and as been said your own banner with your own designs on you can't beat it.

Any further suggestions, keep them coming.

Bernard.
Bernard H
Junior Aviator

Postby gwen williams » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi all,
I have a couple of suggestions re banner to celebrate 35yrs, unfortunately I am unable to attach photos to this message because the photos I have are too large!
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Gwen
gwen williams
Junior Aviator

Postby Maroochy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:24 am

gwen williams wrote:Hi all,
I have a couple of suggestions re banner to celebrate 35yrs, unfortunately I am unable to attach photos to this message because the photos I have are too large!
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Gwen

Gwen,
Probably the easiest way for you to embed pictures in a forum post , would be to join the NORTHERN KITE GROUP Flickr group.
See http://www.flickr.com/groups/1003275@N22/

You would then be able to post pictures to that group and they would then have a permanence on the web. That would then enable you to link to them when using the 'Img' tags here on the forum. You might have to click around a bit on the various sized Flickr images to enable the mouse right click action required (also required to get the right-sized image). If the images are rights protected sometimes it's not possible to get the mouse right click to 'give up' the required 'copy image location' action.

So you then end up with a post with :- bla bla your text bla bla [img]The%20Image%20Location[/img], where the bit between the img tags is the copied and pasted remote image location.

As with most of these things It's easier to do than it is to explain. Them's that knows, knows etc.

Try it and see what happens, get stuck then come back or PM me (Denis & Mike use the same Flickr group so they should also be able to help).

Regards
Len
Maroochy
Senior Aviator

Postby gwen williams » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Thanks for instructions, the pics are now on the NKG Flickr site :) but that is where they remain, until I can find a way of attaching them to my message on the Forum. One step at a time!!
gwen williams
Junior Aviator

Postby Maroochy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:05 pm

OK Gwen,

I see some banner pictures by'beechpool'. I guess this is you.

Now go to the Flickr site, select one of your pictures say to the Medium 500 size.
Then you should have a page with Photo / All sizes with your picture in it.
Now with your mouse - right click - You should see a list of options:
View Image
Copy Image
Copy Image Location
etc

Open two windows side by side. In one you have a test post on the forum. In the other you have a Flickr page with your picture as described above.
Do the right click thing to open up the picture options again then left click on Copy Image Location (this will copy the link) and then - on the forum post - select the img tags and paste the link into there. Control Key and letter V is one way to do that. The paste needs to go between the two bracketed tags.
You can mess about with the forum post until this works out - just use the preview button until you get it right.

Get back to me with whatever stage you stumble at!
Maroochy
Senior Aviator

Postby gwen » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:19 pm

Hi, I'm stuck at right click for list of options as my list do not include View image, copy image etc
gwen
Senior Aviator

Postby Maroochy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:28 pm

Yep, if you get an 'all rights reserved' message then try selecting the 'medium 500' size image and try that with a right click. Move around the images to see if it becomes available. I'm not sure of the exact procedure but I get to the 'copy image location' on the 500 size image straight away.

Obviously you could just ask me to put the images up for you but it would be good to get there yourself.
This exercise will probably help others too :?

Len
Maroochy
Senior Aviator

Postby gwen williams » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:13 pm

Thank you for offering to help out with the pics, the second choice is also on Flickr.
Both banner or flags could be the subject of a workshop.
I would welcome any comments as to the suitability of either of these, The logo and dates could be added to both.
Gwen
gwen williams
Junior Aviator

Postby Maroochy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:58 pm

I should have realised that the choice of web browser is significant!

Using Internet Explorer I find that the corresponding (IIRC) 'save target as' option is greyed out. Flickr would prefer that outside linking doesn't take place. They would prefer that a web page link is used instead.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59139869@N02/8581959121/

However using Firefox I have no problem using the 'copy image location' option.

So you could try using Firefox if you are currently using some other browser.

I would imagine that although these particular teardrop banners look deceptively simple, the sewing of the curved hem might be a step too far for some folk?

Regards
Len
Maroochy
Senior Aviator

Postby gwen williams » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:46 pm

Thank you for posting the photograph of the 'Teardrop' flags for me, Len. (Please send the bill to my home address)
I had in mind we might make half with a blue background and half with white with the opposite colour logo, or if we decided on the banners half in white half in blue again with opposite colour logo.
Any comments would be welcome.
gwen williams
Junior Aviator

Previous

Return to Chit Chat